Monday, January 24, 2011
Margin of error
It's funny sometimes hearing people's complaints about EX Ministries and my delivery. So many people have things to say and yet the bottom line is NEVER addressed. The bottom line being, "Is there a problem here that EX Ministries is addressing?" Are we making things up just to have something to talk about or are the pictures, articles, music, etc. full of antichrist messages? I've had people accuse me of slamming artists in the gospel music industry because I'm disgruntled that I couldn't get in it! Yeah that's right! We have done this prophetic body of work for all these years because I decided to talk against the industry that wouldn't give me a shot? That's funny! I am not homosexual by any means, so I have no desire to have homosexual relations to sell a CD. And what would the music industry give me that God hasn't already given me? Come on nay sayers, you gotta be smarter than that!
It's funny how a well known Bishop can have multiple allegations of manipulating young boys into having sex with him, yet he gets the "innocent until proven guilty" tag by the church. The church says "leave him alone" and "touch not God's anointed!". But when it comes to EX Ministries and the message I preach, I get no margin of error. If I make 1 mistake in 16 videos, it's time to throw out all of what I'm saying and everything I'm teaching is false! We have over 5 millions hits on our site, have sold tons of DVD's, and have seen hundreds of thousands saved, delivered, and set free and the things we stated down through the years have come true. Doesn't that count for anything folks? Good grief, can EX Ministries catch a break? LOL They say we are just marketing shock value, but TD Jakes can be best friends with a drag queen like Tyler Perry?? That is not shocking to you?
Come on folks, this is getting ridiculous. I have received thousands of emails from folks that want to throw EX Ministries totally away because of 1 or 2 mistakes I may have made that weren't even real mistakes, but perhaps things spoken from the perspective of a NON Hip Hop preacher, preaching about Hip Hop. Folks tell me all the reasons why I am a false prophet and they give me no margin of error even though the information I share is real and true. Let's look at some of these things and see if we can reason together on them so you can understand why it was said and why it has nothing to do with the bottom line.
1. In Exodus into Egypt, I stated that WuTang had a cartoon that included all of the members of WuTang. I named Redman because he was in the cartoon, yet folks have said that the entire DVD is false because Redman is not a charter member of WuTang! Even though everytime you see Method you see Redman! Yet, because I stated them in the same clip, throw out the whole video.
2. The backwards message on the back of that same DVD from the remix of the black album was done by DJ Danger mouse. I never stated that is wasn't and I never stated who did the remix, I just stated that these guys do underground remixes. But people say, "throw out the whole dvd because I accused JayZ of worshipping the devil and he didn't even do the remix!" Well, JayZ doesn't do any of his mixes! He is a rapper! And over time, since 1999, we have proven that JayZ is down with Satan and he keeps showing us this album after album!
3. Part V DVD, I mistakenly called PT Barnum, Aliester Crowley on Michael Jackson's dangerous cover. My bad! But does that discount the fact that Michael and Barnum studied and utilized Aliester Crowley's 777 book of the law and even put 777 on his sleeve when he created the statue? What about the dream demons, pedophilia, the Korybante behavior, the lyrics, etc? Should we throw the whole video away because I, G. Craige Lewis, am human and I made 1 mistake?
4. In Part 6, Detained for Entry. I didn't make a mistake, but rather, I purposely pulled a song apart. I stated that Drake has a song called "I invented sex" and I displayed the part of the song that Drake did. Well, I know the song is on Tre Song's CD and Drake just appeared on it. But do you know folks got up and left the building when I did this message in Arlington TX because they accused me of lying on Drake because I stated it that way? They emailed me and everything to say they are no longer following me because I lied and accused Drake of doing the song. How dumb! I'm glad they are no longer following me. I don't want to be followed by numb skulls. Drake is on the nasty song, but because it's not on his CD, does that make Drake ok? Come on folks. People act "ignant" when you come against their music!
5. Years ago, we stated that Afrika Bambataa was the founder of Hip Hop and there are 4 elements. Well, the Zulu Nation, Holy Hip Hop, and others have bombarded us by email to let us know that we were wrong. But we weren't wrong! The problem is that because the founders are still alive, they keep changing what Hip Hop is and was! Now, there are 5 founders, (curtis blow recently added) and some 12 elements because they keep making it up as they go. There is no way to keep up with that foolishness so we just state what is current at the time. Please folks, leave us alone about that!
Usually when we finish a DVD, we take it through a serious system of checks and balances. We check it out to make sure that it is the way God wants it. And usually, every error is found before it reaches the public because God will show us some way. Well, I asked God, why didn't he give me the information about PT Barnum being on MJ's CD cover 6 months after the DVD was released? God could have easily led me to that before we ever recorded the video. God spoke to me and said "you are human and you are flawed and I am the only one that is perfect!" I totally get it now. We can never appear like we know it all and we have all the answers all of the time. No matter how much research we do and how much we study, we are human so we will error. But praise God for Jesus who looks beyond our faults and errors, and sees the big picture! He can forgive our sins and forget our mishaps to salvage what's good for his use! I wrote a blog months ago stating that I am not perfect but the Gospel I preach is and that ministered to me. I had to realize that I can never live up to some folks idea of how I should be. All I can do is preach the Gospel and not compromise it in any way, and utilize God's grace in times of need. Without him we are nothing and with him, we can accomplish his goals for us.
So, thank you to those that have supported us down through the years. You have defended us knowing that God is using us. And for those looking for a reason to discount our message, keep looking! Hopefully one day you see that you are just like me, and if it takes perfection to preach the Gospel, then we all would have to be silent!
1Pet. 2:20 Of course, you get no credit for being patient if you are beaten for doing wrong. But if you suffer for doing right and are patient beneath the blows, God is pleased with you.
With passion for the lost,
G. Craige Lewis